Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The People have to Know what is Going On!

Hi there! Welcome back... and thanks for coming.

Well, it appears I've stirred the pot a bit and people in Midland are talking about things: economic development, revitalization downtown, what businesses are good for us and what we need to do next. This is good! But it is only a beginning...

Today, I shot a letter/e-mail over to the Vice President of Economic Development, Mr. Blake Wallace of the Midland Developement Corp. informing him that despite the varied opinions on MDC and what they have been up to, the one thing in common amongst everyone I have spoken to was: We want to know more.

Personally, I am of the opinion that a Public Relations Liaison for the MDC would be a great benefit to the MDC and could only strengthen their works. The M.I.S.D. has such a person in Melissa Hendricks, formerly of NewsWest 9, and she has been a pleasant person to have keeping Midland up-to-date on our schools. Now if we can only do the same with MDC.

I'll keep you posted when I hear back, what I hear and what, if anything, is going to change on this front. But in the meantime, have any of you written to President Bush about bringing his future library to Midland? You can reach him on the web or at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave! Drop him a line! He's good people. ;)

No comments: