Monday, May 23, 2005

Thoughts worth thinking about: The Series

Greetings! Hope you all had a chance to make it out to the Celebration of the Arts last Saturday. If not, well, that's okay. My wife took a ton of pictures there, and I hope to post some on the web soon. If I knew more about computers, I would do that here. BUT... I'm stupid or something. eep!

Anyhow, moving right along...

Lately, this blog has become more of bullhorn against the negative I see in the world, and honestly, that wasn't my original intention. I have found that the more you focus on the negative, the more the negative becomes focused... and soon that is all you see.

In order to dig my way out of the mire of "the Truth" that I have found so scary, I decided to take on a more inspirational agenda.

Starting tomorrow, I intend to post a quote at least every other day. From books, from people, from songs... I've found over the years that there are certain phrases that just "stick." Thoughts such as these should be sipped, swirled, tasted, thought about and then swallowed... to make room to do it again. In the movie "Conan the Barbarian," James Earl Jones plays a character who thinks he's found the meaning of life or something... and tells it to Conan. He then commands Conan to," Ponder this... on the Tree of Woe." He then sentences Conan to tied up on a tree in the middle of nowhere to be left to die. Of course, he doesn't.

Anyhow, such profound thoughts such as Conan's "Riddle of Steel" are thoughts that need further review.

THESE are such thoughts that I will be posting in the future. Every other day, I will come here and post a thought, tell where it comes from, perhaps give a little backstory if needed and then briefly explain why I felt it was worthy of OUR time: the time that I take to write it here and the time you take to come here to read.

Some will agree that the things I bring attention to are worthy of further consideration. Others will think I'm being melodramatic. Well, I don't care either way. Some will always learn... some never will. It is my hope that everyone does learn something everyday. I know I try.

Anyhow, return again tomorrow and I'll kick this party off. And by all means... feel free to comment and join in on the discussion! I'm always open to hearing what others have to say.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the positive quotes. That's always a nice addition to the day. One of my favorites is "We achieve success to the degree we overcome the negative."

Thanks a bunch for the encouraging touches to my day!